Friday, March 6, 2009

Transpiration is an activity

Van Bangkok-HuaHin-March2009

And the titel exactly says what we did today: sweat.


We took the bus to Hua Hin and were lucky enough to have a bus the moment we walked out of the hotel compound. Public transport here goes with the flow: sometimes it is available, sometimes it will be available at an uncertain future. Now it was available instantly, to our great satisfaction. 

Of course we could have taken a taxi, or the hotel shuttle (100 baht per head), but that would not have coloured the 'couleur locale', would it? We wanted to experience the real way how people here move themselves, at the price that locals pay. 

So we hopped into the bus. Free sauna, instant sweating guaranteed. A distinct odour of gasoline, and muskus from the woman sitting next to me, combined with the comforting cleanliness of campher (I don't know the exact english typo), quite exotic. It took me a while to control my breath, fearing that my lungs finally would give up on me, but they didn't.

The driver approched the shopping mall, and he cleverly supposed we wanted to stop there, which we did. After a sanitary visit of the mall, HL wanted to buy DVD's (100 bath per piece, which is around 2 euro and of course those are illegal copies, but surprisingly good quality; tonight we watched Milk, an incredible must-see-movie). Then we headed for cookies and instant noodles (no Asian can survive without the last one) and then back to the hotel.

A great long comforting swim in the laguna, my God, the water is so wonderful! I couldn't stop swimming, really. But I had to: the evening snacks and cocktails were waiting for us, after the shower. Delicious food, shrimps all over as if there's no crisis going on in this world. Meanwhile, we were the only hedonists in the lounge, and a band (philippino?) was performing just for us ... so pleasing to hear "a way back into love" again (did you see that movie?). I guess they will perform many more days, so I'll try to make some decent pix of them, one very gay guy and 2 girls in latex, quite shiny :)

Oh, if you wonder what the picture is about: in front of the shopping mall, there was this stable where you could destroy balloons with darts, obviously a popular passtime with young locals. The guy who had to replace all the pricked balloons noticed I was taking pix of him, and enjoyed the attention :)

That's it for today, folks! I hope you enjoy the tales of our doing nothing but producing transpiration :)
 
.

2 comments:

RezaKD said...

Ha deary very nice
is this title of movie? "a way back into love"
I didn't hear about this.
but surely I loved Milk.
really as you said a must seen movie , really sean penn and movie and every thing was great.
don't know did you read my comment on your last post or no but really this is enjoyable to read things that you do , even if nothing special happened

paul bavo said...

thank you dear! See the blog of yesterday evening, about another great movie!!!