Thursday, March 12, 2009

the continuous coverage ....

Van Bangkok-HuaHin-March2009



backie! If you were searching for my blogs of Tuesday the 10th or Wednesday the 11th, you would not have found them: I was too busy with other stuff! I know, it's dangerous to stop the routine of daily blogs, before you know it, the blog gets posted only once a year hehe! But don't worry, I'm backie!

A new file rolled in, and it's something I didn't want to bother my colleague in Belgium with, so I had to study it myself and do the writing and actions myself, from Thailand. Which is easy of course, if I wouldn't tell the clients that I'm abroad, they wouldn't know! Anyway, that file is dealt with, and I hope that peace & quiet can reign again J


Apart of working for the office, we did the following activities, as you can see in the pictures (http://picasaweb.google.com/paulbavo2009):

- Tuesday, we took the bus to Hua Hin, because HL wanted to exchange one of the DVD's that was partly illisible, and while he was in the shop, he bought some more. Waiting for the bus is a favourite passtime here, and while we were waiting to come back, I took tons of pix of the traffic passing by, and after editing, I kept a few to post, so that you can see the different forms of traffic here in Hua Hin!
In the hotel, we chatted for the first time with John, who also works at the pool (part of the jobrotation here, the guys love it that they constantly have to do something else), and John offered to bring us around with his car, when he's off duty, very nice of him. We might accept his offer a next time that we're here, provided he's still working here!
In the evening, we made the traditional roompresentation, with the help of "Tok" (pra pin pit), it's posted on youtube (www.youtube.com/paulbavo) in case you like to see it. The end is funny: HL was the cameraman, and after showing the airconditioned rooms, we went out on the balcony, and you can see how the high humidity in the air made the lense all fogged up!

- Wednesday, once again the bus, to HL's favourite shop: Memee (next to Soi 45): a hidden gem of original copies of exquisite designs in clothing! Last time he bought the copy of a shirt by Vivian Westwood, and now he only found pieces that were too small for him, you can imagine his disappointment hehe! Anyway, he enjoyed the discovery of new items. It's funny to see him try all those female clothing, although he's definitely not a drag queen!
Coming back, we walked by the King's palace, obviously the park is open to the public and lots of people were jogging there. We witnessed an accident between two cars (it's a miracle that there are not more accidents here, by the way people drive), a schoolboy buying sliced ice with fruits and sweets and green coloured liquid, finished by a topping of condensed milk. Quite a cocktail!
We had to come back early, because we were invited for a drink by the hotel, together with some other guests here (obviously only Caucasians? we didn't see any Asian as a guest at the drink?). We chatted the whole evening with Noi & Lak & Kevin (Dhiti Chumsaratoon, assistant director of sales), it's the first time we meet him, and he's a very nice guy, he reminded me of Yohdi, our Indonesian guest in Westin, Bali). I had a small dance with Noi, she's a dominant lady and she had problems in following when I did the leading in the dance haha! I'm sure we'll stay in touch with Kevin too! He has a bf in BKK, a German guy working in the travel industry, they are planning to live together soon (for the moment they have each their separate place). Since they said they were hungry, I took them for a dinner at the adjacent (new) hotel and we had a very pleasant time! Lak drove us there with one of the hotel golfcarts, very funny! No pix of that, at their request (I have pix, of course, but I promised not to publish them). And afterwards I invited them to our suite, and we sipped 12y-Glenfiddich while HL was giving a fashion show! The evening ended quite late hehe!

Today, Thursday, we stayed in so that HL can start packing and so that we could participate in the 2 p.m. yoga class, given by Fadjèng. He's very good in it, although he's a lousy teacher hehe, we had to do the most impossible stands and at the same time keep an eye on him to see what he was doing! And I couldn't understand his mumbled instructions J but it was fun! And it really felt good, I must admit that.
And inbetween we quickly visited the YaiYa hotel again, since it was quite dark yesterday night, it's a nice "boutique" hotel, giving you the idea of a stay in the tropics hehe! It reminded me of the tree-hotel Yaang Come in Chiang Mai. Pricy though, and no room upgrades, so we won't stay there.

Maybe tonight we'll meet Kevin again, we'll see, I have sent him the pictures of yesterday, and he replied that he'd love to meet again.

For tonight we have no special plans, so it probably will be a movie again!

Stay with me, while the coverage of our trip continues :-)

.

No comments: