Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Energy for being lazy

Van Bangkok-HuaHin-March2009


Day 6. I woke up at 2 am, and couldn't sleep anymore, while HL took revenge and slept like a rose, grmbl! Lucky him. I kept myself busy with the computer, and laying on the bed, trying not to think. An excercise in lazyness!

After a swim: a shower and the usual exuberant breakfast, Asia is really unbeatable when it comes to variety of the most delicately perfumed and refined foods. 

After breakfast, I slept till 2 pm (= nighttime in Belgium), then we went to the lounge for a drink and out of the hotel for shopping. My shopping list was extremely short: my travelmouse had hickups, and I needed to buy a replacement, that's it, nothing more. Siam Paragorn, 4th floor, good and cheap, 199 baht, that's roughly 4 euro. No creditcard payment for that amount though: we had to search for an ATM (the first one was a stupid machine, it accepted our code, but refused to give money, the second one sliced nicely 10.000 baht into 10 bills).

Then HL's turn ... fashion, of course. First the 1st floor in Siam Paragorn, where he discovered a modern version of a Japanese Samurai rope/pants, quite special, 13.000 Baht and 70% discount, who can resist that? He asked the lady to keep it seperate for him, while he'd search for other goodies in Siam Center. I think he spent there more then 2 hours dwelling all the local designers, and he found some pieces that unfortunately couldn't attract me. While he was terrorising the sales persons, I had a smoke outside and observed the world pass by. Then we went to an optician, who gladly (and for free) repaired HL's sunglasses (a screw went missing), after which I decided to buy my next pair of spex there. A nice one, Japanese titanium, with clickable sunglasses. It will be ready when we come back to BKK.
Then HL decided upon the Samurai inspired pants, actually a good buy. I hope there's space in the luggage, it's quite bulky!

Back to the hotel by skytrain, lounge, swim, lounge again ... lots of energy for actually doing nothing but being lazy ... I love it :)

It's 11.30 pm now, and I think I'll have a good sleep. See you tomorrow for another lazy day!

.


No comments: