Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Morning has broken

Van Manila-Cebu-Bohol-March2009


Just a short talk about the mornings here ... I usually wake up around 5 a.m.: then the cocks in the rural area (where we are staying) start to yell that it's morning, one after another, in an endless guttural concerto of stereophonic waves. It's fascinating, and I wonder what effect it has when one has to enjoy this concerto every day of one's life. I'm used to living in a city, so this wave of early morning wake-up-calls is quite new to me. Even in my Tunisian time, when I stayed quite a while in the contryside, I never experienced this cocky calling (I recorded it this morning, but after listening to the recording, it sounded quite dull so I deleted it).

Then the sky breaks from black to gray to blue, slowly the stars fade away, and the sealights of the boats melt together with the shiny surface of the Bohol Sea.

Meanwhile, I'm sipping my morning coffee and blowing my first smoke. There are worse things on earth, then early mornings here in the Peacock resort!

.

No comments: