Thursday, December 3, 2009

Violent Education


Strange thing when we talk with our friends here ... all of them where beaten up by their parents when they were young. And I'm not talking about simple disciplining, but really beating.

Due to our travel plans, I have no time to do a research on this topic, but it surely is fascinating: how violent is the invisible layer of the culture here?

And for my other friends: what were your experiences, where you beaten up when you were young? Was it considered to be a normal thing? And why?

Too many questions for today :-)

.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

apsie said...

Spare the rod spoil the child...this connotation will bring no good for a child. There are many ways how to discipine a child. Parents should know that very well.

Well, I am just fortunate that my parents did not beat me instead they brought me well as a loving son and to be a God-fearing person.