Saturday, December 12, 2009

the desire of being pictured


One of the things that strikes me in Indonesia so far, is the desire of boys and men to be photographed. It really is incredible, when I show my camera and start taking pictures, everybody wants to model :-)

Like here in a chinese temple, some boys were re-painting the pillars, and I took a shot at one of them. The others ventured their highest creativity to attract my attention so that I would picture them too. Even an old man who was sitting there made it clear to me that I should not forget to portrait him. It's a photographers paradise here!

Speaking about paradise, I told one of the poolboys that Indonesia is a tourist paradise, and he reminded me that life for ordinary people here is not easy at all. Nevertheless, they don't loose their smile. Brave folks.

.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: