Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fences


Isn't it remarquable that we all build fences around us? We try to shield us from others, from those we consider the unwanted outside world. We park our car in a fenced location, so that the so-called "drop-outs" cannot reach it. We hide our emotions and feelings, afraid that they would show our vulnerability. We fence who we are.

And I plead guilty here ... I do the same in my country. It has to do with citylife and modern society, because where I grew up (a rural village), there were no fences, everybody was who they were, and they were accepted. Doors were open day and night, and nobody felt the need to hide himself.

And when I'm travelling, I return to my childhood and my fences drop. No doubt because we travel in a well-protected environment, where fences are not a necessity. Nevertheless, the feeling of liberation is undescribable. When we travel, I feel my potential unleashed, the stream of energy is unbelievable, and the feeling of wellbeing is a blessing. One could rightfully say that I'm a different person when travelling.

Do you feel the same, when away from daily routine? How can we preserve this most valuable feeling, and ban the negativity of routine out of our lives?

Do share me your insight!

.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: