Thursday, December 10, 2009

batik


Yogya is one of the cultural capitals of Indonesia. No wonder the art of batik is so developped here. HL & E have spent half a day in dwelling the countless batik shops in Yogya, and they presented me the top 3 of their findings. What a luxury for me, to only visit the best.

The lady in this picture knows her stuff. I ordered a shirt, and she immediately understood what my idea was. At least I got that impression. As soon as the shirt is finished, I'll keep you posted!

That being said, batik here is obviously big bussiness. My friend R. in Semarang told me that his native village (2 hours from Semarang) is also famous for its batik, though not on the commercial touristic route. I'm very tempted to check that out, next time.

.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: