Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dental Deterioration and Dawn. And how long?

Van DentalArtist


you! yes you! hehe! do you know I'm 55 y.o. already? Well, I do. Slowly my body is decomposing. Every now and then a part needs to be replaced, like an old car that begs to be guided into the repair workshop.

Lately I have dental problems. 2 teeth were removed, and I need a so-called "bridge" now. I hate it. But no choice, the dentist said that it was necessary. Who am I to discuss?

Today, I went to the so-called "dental artist". He's the one that will decide on the colour of my new teeth. Fake of course, but obviously the dental industry is doing its best to show fake as real as possible.

The guy was checking my teeth (the colour of it) over and over again, sketching and making photographs, my oh my, I thought it would never end! I took some pix, you see this dental artist on top of this blog :-)

All this rambling about my teeth brings me to the following topic. How long will I still be here on earth?

I keep on thinking that my life will end around 65 y.o. I have no idea why, since statistically, males live till 77 y.o. in Western Europe. Maybe the smoking and drinking has something to do with it :-)

If my thinking is correct, I'll live another 10 years.

What would you do, if someone told you that you have only 10 more years to live?

Do tell me :-) paulbavo@yahoo.com !!!

huggies,

PB

1 comment:

paul bavo said...

I got an email from a reader in the USA, who was clearly upset by this blog. Very sorry, obviously the thought of living only 10 more years scared him very much.
It shouldn't, actually. We should not fear death.