Monday, May 25, 2009

vanishing justice ....


Male Nude – Hamburg, originally uploaded by cromacom.



hi there! nice to see that you're still reading my blog :-) and here's the today report!

I had a court case in Turnhout, that's 2 hours by train and a bit more then 1 hour by car, so I choose the car :-) what else do we have the engine for hehe? I had to be there at 10.30 am, so I could have left the house at 9.15 am.

But I didn't. Because in order to reach Turnhout, I have to pass Antwerp, and that passing is always highly time consuming, with lots of problems and standing still traffic in the morning, especially on a Monday morning. Most of all, because there's a tunnel under the main river (the Schelt), so horrible.

So I left way in advance, at 8.15 am. Just because I was ready and no use in waiting to depart :-)

Guess what happened ... it took me till 10.15 to reach the court house. Fortunately I left in time.

My client was there in time too, he took a bus from Antwerp, where he lives. He's tired of fighting for his rights, and he informed me that his battle in justice soon will be over, the poor lad. I can understand him. Fighting for your rights is a troublesome action, it simply never ends. And for all of us, there comes a day that we don't want to fight anymore. Sometimes, the ideal of justice is simply vanishing ...

I pleaded nicely, I had a good feeling about the to-be-expected result of the court session. Then afterwards, I drove the client back to Antwerp. And guess what? There was a huge accident in the tunnel, direction of Gent, and the traffic around Antwerp in that direction was standing still everywhere. Plain horror.

The client guided me through Antwerp, to an alternative small and old but convenient tunnel. He was happy to be driven back home, and I was happy to have avoided the jam!

This brings me to my basic thinking: by offering the client to drive him back (instead of making him take the public transport) I was not standing still in an hours long jam. That is the essence of my life: by doing good and spreading joy, you will receive much more good and joy in return. Don't you agree?

joyful hugs,
PB
.

No comments: