Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Family stronger then Art



Remember I told you about Kan, almost a year ago? He's a Vietnamese guy, working in Bangkok as an artist. I promised him to publish some of his work in a book, and I kept my promise (of course), the book is selling on blurb, on this link. It sells well.

Now what is interesting about Kan's situation? His family in VietNam is quite well off. His family needs someone to take care of the family business.

Now Kan has to decide. He must choose between following his artistic desires (and he's quite a promising artist!) and following the needs of his family.

For the moment, he choose to close down his artistic being in Bangkok, and to return to VietNam to join his family and be at their service. Which means he'll have to forgo every fiber in his body that makes him an artist. I deeply respect his choice. I also think that his artistic genetics will pop up again, sooner or later :-)

Come and see next week (or month, or year, or decade)!

No comments: